Welcome to my blog! I'm Sari, a mother of a 2 year old girl and 7 year old boy/girl twins. I started this blog 6 years ago when I started using cloth diapers. If you scroll back to the earlier posts, you can see my learning adventure with the twins, there's a lot of really helpful information if you are interested in cloth diapers. I hope that this can be a valuable source of information for other moms contemplating making the switch to cloth diapers and/or making their own diapers.

Now I'm using this as more of a general "mom blog". I'm crafty, I like to bake and I'm currently a group fitness instructor and a Beachbody coach. I may plug my own business every so often (click here!), but I will expand my topics to cover basically anything that I feel like writing about - experiences I have or products that I think deserve a review (both good and bad). If I'm getting paid or benefiting in any way then that will be mentioned in the post.

Do you have a product that you would like me to try and review? Send me an email

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Adventures in Pancake Making

I never used to make my own pancakes from scratch. A couple months ago we ran out of the Trader Joe's multigrain pancake mix that I usually buy so I told my kids that sadly, we could not have pancakes. Then I thought to myself, why can't I make it? I love to bake, I'm pretty good at it, so how come it never occurred to me that I could make pancakes from scratch? I googled a recipe and was pretty happy with the result.

Today I made pancakes again, but I wanted to make it healthier since I've been really watching what I eat. I just completed the 21 Day Fix and it has inspired me to change the eating habits of not just myself, but my whole family. So I looked up the same recipe and I made some alterations. For a gluten free version of the same pancake, simply use all oatmeal flour instead of half oatmeal and half whole wheat. I'm going to try it that way next time! I made the oatmeal flour myself by blending instant oatmeal in my Vitamix. Milk can also be subbed for water, almond milk, coconut milk, etc.


Sari's Pancakes

2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup water
4 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 cup oatmeal flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
4 tbsp sugar (you can sub with honey, agave, maple syrup, stevia, etc.)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp coconut oil

I started with the eggs and whisked them together, adding in the liquid ingredients first and ending with the flour last. Kids loved them and my husband said they tasted great!

No comments: