Welcome to my blog! I'm Sari, a mother of a 2 year old girl and 7 year old boy/girl twins. I started this blog 6 years ago when I started using cloth diapers. If you scroll back to the earlier posts, you can see my learning adventure with the twins, there's a lot of really helpful information if you are interested in cloth diapers. I hope that this can be a valuable source of information for other moms contemplating making the switch to cloth diapers and/or making their own diapers.

Now I'm using this as more of a general "mom blog". I'm crafty, I like to bake and I'm currently a group fitness instructor and a Beachbody coach. I may plug my own business every so often (click here!), but I will expand my topics to cover basically anything that I feel like writing about - experiences I have or products that I think deserve a review (both good and bad). If I'm getting paid or benefiting in any way then that will be mentioned in the post.

Do you have a product that you would like me to try and review? Send me an email

Thursday, June 18, 2009

The diaper so nice, I bought it twice!

That's right, you guessed it, I have now bought my second BSRB diaper. The first one was a big hit. It is VERY soft and it fits my daughter extremely well. The pink apples make it a girly print, so I decided that I needed a second BSRB for my son. I can't wait to get it!

The absorbency is good enough that your baby or toddler (it's a true one size fits all) can wear it without a cover for an hour or two, but I wouldn't recommend it during heavy wetting times. For us, the wettest diapers come in the mornings, so if I want to use the BSRB without a cover I'll wait until late morning or afternoon. Also, I wouldn't recommend going out in a BSRB, or taking a nap, without a cover.

In other news, I have also purchased some organic bamboo fleece and organic bamboo velour so that I can make some super soft diapers myself. My prototypes are coming along nicely. I made one out of hemp fleece the other day, but it's not quite right due to limitations with my sewing machine. I had to invest in some new equipment, so I'll be blogging about that soon. In the meantime, check out Teddy's new diaper (he LOVES cars):

No comments: