Welcome to my blog! I'm Sari, a mother of a 2 year old girl and 7 year old boy/girl twins. I started this blog 6 years ago when I started using cloth diapers. If you scroll back to the earlier posts, you can see my learning adventure with the twins, there's a lot of really helpful information if you are interested in cloth diapers. I hope that this can be a valuable source of information for other moms contemplating making the switch to cloth diapers and/or making their own diapers.

Now I'm using this as more of a general "mom blog". I'm crafty, I like to bake and I'm currently a group fitness instructor and a Beachbody coach. I may plug my own business every so often (click here!), but I will expand my topics to cover basically anything that I feel like writing about - experiences I have or products that I think deserve a review (both good and bad). If I'm getting paid or benefiting in any way then that will be mentioned in the post.

Do you have a product that you would like me to try and review? Send me an email

Thursday, May 28, 2009

BSRB Feeding Frenzy

If you CD then you know about BSRBs. I mentioned them in an earlier post when I described fitted diapers. BSRB stands for Bagshot Row Bamboo, which is the brand name of a VERY popular one size fitted diaper. It's made entirely out of bamboo / organic cotton. I've heard that it's the ultimate in softness. At $20 a pop, it's not the cheapest, especially considering that they don't even have their own closure system. You are supposed to close them with a snappi or pins.

So here's the deal... she restocks on Thursdays and they go on sale at 7:02pm eastern. This means you basically have to sit there and press refresh and pray that your click goes through. I picked my diaper - a cute one with apples on it (one of the twins' favorite words) - and waited until it was time. Hyena Cart has this handy time telling tool that tells you exactly what time it is, down to the second. I started getting nervous at 7:01:42. Why was I so nervous? You'd think that with the amount of adrenaline pumping through my veins and the rate my heart was beating that I was waiting to see if I won the Oscar I'd been nominated for.

Suddenly the screne changes. There is now a "buy" button that I can click! I click... it's in my cart... well, that wasn't so hard. I proceed to checkout, pay for my goods ($23 when you add in shipping) and go back to stare at my newly purchased diaper. It's awfully cute. Too bad it's not waterproof and I'm going to have to cover up that cuteness with a PUL cover. Oh well, it's all in the name of research, right?

I'll put up a review when the diaper arrives. Keep checking back as I plan on added more pictures and videos to help people learn about the different kinds of diapers that I'm reviewing.

Check out my new diaper. If you click on the image it will take you to the BSRB website:


2 comments:

E... said...

you are right, the diaper is super cute. :)

Unknown said...

I also retail them... if you don't want to fight the crowds! Http://gen-ydiapers.com

~Elizabeth