Welcome to my blog! I'm Sari, a mother of a 2 year old girl and 7 year old boy/girl twins. I started this blog 6 years ago when I started using cloth diapers. If you scroll back to the earlier posts, you can see my learning adventure with the twins, there's a lot of really helpful information if you are interested in cloth diapers. I hope that this can be a valuable source of information for other moms contemplating making the switch to cloth diapers and/or making their own diapers.

Now I'm using this as more of a general "mom blog". I'm crafty, I like to bake and I'm currently a group fitness instructor and a Beachbody coach. I may plug my own business every so often (click here!), but I will expand my topics to cover basically anything that I feel like writing about - experiences I have or products that I think deserve a review (both good and bad). If I'm getting paid or benefiting in any way then that will be mentioned in the post.

Do you have a product that you would like me to try and review? Send me an email

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Check out my STASH!

We've got... 4 FuzziBunz medium pockets on the left, 2 Thirsties medium covers on the top in the middle, followed by 1 medium Bummis Super Whisper Wrap and 2 medium gDiaper covers. On the right we have 2 one-size Bum Genius 3.0 pockets, 1 one-size organic Bum Genius AIO, and 1 large Happy Heinys pocket. They are ready for the wash! I should be able to try them out on the babies either this afternoon or tomorrow. Bye-bye disposables!

And here are my (unwashed) unbleached Indian pre-folds. We have four regular size on the left and four infant size on the right. The infant size can be used to stuff pocket diapers (and gDiapers). I'm told that they don't quilt up until you wash them. You also need to wash them several times in HOT water in order to get them up to their full absorbency. I'll have to do this with the organic BG as well. This is because the cotton has natural oils that need to be washed away in order to become more absorbent.

No comments: