Welcome to my blog! I'm Sari, a mother of a 2 year old girl and 7 year old boy/girl twins. I started this blog 6 years ago when I started using cloth diapers. If you scroll back to the earlier posts, you can see my learning adventure with the twins, there's a lot of really helpful information if you are interested in cloth diapers. I hope that this can be a valuable source of information for other moms contemplating making the switch to cloth diapers and/or making their own diapers.

Now I'm using this as more of a general "mom blog". I'm crafty, I like to bake and I'm currently a group fitness instructor and a Beachbody coach. I may plug my own business every so often (click here!), but I will expand my topics to cover basically anything that I feel like writing about - experiences I have or products that I think deserve a review (both good and bad). If I'm getting paid or benefiting in any way then that will be mentioned in the post.

Do you have a product that you would like me to try and review? Send me an email

Friday, May 15, 2009

gDiaper ~ Review

I think that the gDiapers might be my favorite cloth diapers of all. BUT, I'm not a big fan of the disposable / flushable inserts. They are more expensive than disposable diapers and they bunch up inside the diaper after they get peed on. I like the idea of how you can flush them and love that they don't sit around in land fills for 500 years, but the execution needs some work.

So why are gDiapers my favorite? I LOVE LOVE LOVE using them with an infant prefold for an insert. You just fold it in thirds and plop it into the gDiaper liner and voila. It's nice and trim and seems to be quite comfortable. Top it off with an Imse Vimse liner (I've been using this on all the diapers, actually) and it's like cloth diaper perfection. I use the unbleached Indian prefolds that I bought from Cotton Babies. The infant size is only $1.50!

1 comment:

KTW said...

HI, I just found your site from a link on teh Gdiapers Babycetner board. I love G-diapers and would love to switch over to them but I agree the flushies are too expensive. I was looking at the prefolds you posted a link to. My daughter is almost 18 months.. do you think an infant size prefold would work or a regular? she's in the large old style/mediums new style gdiapers.
thanks so much for your help