Welcome to my blog! I'm Sari, a mother of a 2 year old girl and 7 year old boy/girl twins. I started this blog 6 years ago when I started using cloth diapers. If you scroll back to the earlier posts, you can see my learning adventure with the twins, there's a lot of really helpful information if you are interested in cloth diapers. I hope that this can be a valuable source of information for other moms contemplating making the switch to cloth diapers and/or making their own diapers.

Now I'm using this as more of a general "mom blog". I'm crafty, I like to bake and I'm currently a group fitness instructor and a Beachbody coach. I may plug my own business every so often (click here!), but I will expand my topics to cover basically anything that I feel like writing about - experiences I have or products that I think deserve a review (both good and bad). If I'm getting paid or benefiting in any way then that will be mentioned in the post.

Do you have a product that you would like me to try and review? Send me an email

Friday, May 15, 2009

Bum Genius Organic AIO ~ Review

The BG organic AIO has snaps. It's really kind of an AIO, AI2 hybrid because the absorbant layers are on top of the inner lining, but sewn down at both ends so you can't remove it. I guess this helps it dry faster. I had read that you need to wash the organic diapers several times in order for them to be absorbent, but I tried it after only one washing (in hot water) and was pleasantly surprised at how much pee it held. We've only used it the one time so far, but I have high hopes for this diaper! I like the idea of organic cotton next to my babies' bums instead of synthetic polyester. I just don't know how comfortable it is for them when it's wet. No complaints so far!

6/26/09 Update: I am still loving this diaper. It is super absorbent and very trim. It's even great for naps and possible overnight (still haven't tried it overnight). The only down side to this diaper is that it's on the small side. It's perfect for my 22-23 lb son, but it's a bit snug on my 27ish pound daughter. They both have thin thighs (no rolls) so that helps with the fit. I would NOT recommend this diaper for a baby with thick chubby thighs. I think BG should come out with a larger size option because the diaper really is fabulous. Oh, one more down side... It's $24.95. I wish it were cheaper!

No comments: