Welcome to my blog! I'm Sari, a mother of a 2 year old girl and 7 year old boy/girl twins. I started this blog 6 years ago when I started using cloth diapers. If you scroll back to the earlier posts, you can see my learning adventure with the twins, there's a lot of really helpful information if you are interested in cloth diapers. I hope that this can be a valuable source of information for other moms contemplating making the switch to cloth diapers and/or making their own diapers.

Now I'm using this as more of a general "mom blog". I'm crafty, I like to bake and I'm currently a group fitness instructor and a Beachbody coach. I may plug my own business every so often (click here!), but I will expand my topics to cover basically anything that I feel like writing about - experiences I have or products that I think deserve a review (both good and bad). If I'm getting paid or benefiting in any way then that will be mentioned in the post.

Do you have a product that you would like me to try and review? Send me an email

Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Heinys Pocket ~ Review

What can I say, I'm not a fan. The Aplix tabs are HUGE and wide, and STIFF. They aren't comfortable next to my daughter's belly. Otherwise the diaper is fine, similar to FB and BG pockets, but I probably won't be buying any more of them.

Update 6/4/09: I was able to examine a well-loved HH diaper at a friend's house tonight and I think I know what part of the problem is with my HH. My HH is made out of a cotton woven PUL fabric. This makes it much stiffer than a polyester knit PUL that is more comonly used as a diaper outer. The polyester knit PUL HH (super cute cow print) was much softer. The aplix tabs are still huge, but I think the fabric might be the bigger issue.

Update 6/26/09: There's another problem with the cotton PUL. It wicks. Wicking occurs when the outside fabric of a diaper pulls moisture from the inside of the diaper. So when my daughter pees in her HH, the fleece gets a little wet around the leg holes. Then the cotton from the outer fabric draws the wetness out, despite the waterproof PUL lining. Suffice it to say, I will NOT be buying any cotton PUL diapers or fabric. Unless it's really cute... REALLY cute. Cuteness can trump the wicking factor.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hey, I found your link on BBC (I'm Lameremusicale!)

I love your blog :)

And I LOVE gDiapers also ;p

Thais said...

I feel the same way about the HH's. And the aplix tends to curl up when dried, so be careful.