Welcome to my blog! I'm Sari, a mother of a 2 year old girl and 7 year old boy/girl twins. I started this blog 6 years ago when I started using cloth diapers. If you scroll back to the earlier posts, you can see my learning adventure with the twins, there's a lot of really helpful information if you are interested in cloth diapers. I hope that this can be a valuable source of information for other moms contemplating making the switch to cloth diapers and/or making their own diapers.

Now I'm using this as more of a general "mom blog". I'm crafty, I like to bake and I'm currently a group fitness instructor and a Beachbody coach. I may plug my own business every so often (click here!), but I will expand my topics to cover basically anything that I feel like writing about - experiences I have or products that I think deserve a review (both good and bad). If I'm getting paid or benefiting in any way then that will be mentioned in the post.

Do you have a product that you would like me to try and review? Send me an email

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

gDiapers have arrived!

My first fluffy mail arrived today! I decided to try the gDiaper system when I discovered that the starter kits were on sale at the gDiaper store online. I bought 2 kits in size medium hoping that they would work for both of my twins (one is smaller than the other). My daughter was borderline, but the gDiaper website has a demonstration video with a boy the same age (21 months) that looks bigger than her and he was modeling the medium. The kit comes with 2 covers, an extra liner, and 10 disposable (flushable!) inserts. It also comes with a plastic stick that you're supposed to use to stir the insert in the toilet before you flush it. There's a whole process involved when you flush them (I have not tried this yet).

I haven't washed them yet, but since only the disposable liner touches their skin I decided one little test drive wouldn't hurt. So as soon as the twins woke up from their nap, they each got stripped naked and outfitted in a gDiaper. Here's a shot from behind. My daughter is wearing the vanilla color on the left and my son is in orange on the right. I think the size is pretty good for both of them:
The other diaper that arrived today is a Happy Heinys diaper that I bought from another mama on Diaper Swappers. It's brand new and has a cute rose print on it. It's a large, so I'm not sure if it will be too big on my daughter. It didn't come with an insert so I can't try it out until my inserts arrive (or until I make some inserts). I also want to wash it first and test out those liners I bought.

I'm now waiting on my Bum Geniuses and Fuzzi Bunz. OK so as I'm writing this I hear the sound of aplix unhooking and I turned to see my daughter trying to undo her gDiaper. The g's have the aplix closure in the back of the diaper, but apparently it's not much of a deterrent! I'm sure it will work better when they have clothes over the diapers.

1 comment:

E... said...

Seriously, they look so cute standing there in their new G diapers. I just love this shot.

Your blog is so great, I am really enjoying it. I think by the time I get pg and have another baby, I will have learned so much from you that I will know exactly which diaper to use and feel confident about making the plunge away from disposables. Keep up the great work.