Welcome to my blog! I'm Sari, a mother of a 2 year old girl and 7 year old boy/girl twins. I started this blog 6 years ago when I started using cloth diapers. If you scroll back to the earlier posts, you can see my learning adventure with the twins, there's a lot of really helpful information if you are interested in cloth diapers. I hope that this can be a valuable source of information for other moms contemplating making the switch to cloth diapers and/or making their own diapers.

Now I'm using this as more of a general "mom blog". I'm crafty, I like to bake and I'm currently a group fitness instructor and a Beachbody coach. I may plug my own business every so often (click here!), but I will expand my topics to cover basically anything that I feel like writing about - experiences I have or products that I think deserve a review (both good and bad). If I'm getting paid or benefiting in any way then that will be mentioned in the post.

Do you have a product that you would like me to try and review? Send me an email

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Waiting for my Fluffy Mail

I ordered my first cloth diapers a few days ago and I can't wait for them to arrive! On Friday I placed an order with Cotton Babies for some Bum Genius 3.0 diapers. I bought 2 BG pockets with fleece lining (this is a limited edition because most BG are made with suedecloth linings) and 1 BG organic. I think the organic is an AIO, but I'm not 100% sure. Whatever it is, I'm excited!!! I also bought some prefolds and flushable liners at the same time. I chose the Imse Vimse liners because they come highly recommended. Plus, you can run them through your washing machine if they don't have any poop on them. Bonus!

Then, last night I found an awesome deal on some Fuzzy Bunz from SoftClothBunz. Right now you can get 3 FB pocket diapers with 3 extra inserts (6 inserts in total) for $53.75. That includes shipping! FB diapers seem to be the only mass produced pocket diapers that use snaps. Rumor has it that FB owns the patent on snaps for pocket diapers, and that's why BG and HH (Happy Heinys) use aplix. I don't know if that's true for sure, because there are tons of smaller companies (and WAHMs) who put snaps on their pocket diapers. Wouldn't FB try to protect their patent? If you have any information about this, please leave a comment.

ETA: I'm not too thrilled with the SoftClothBunz people right now. They emailed me to tell me that they only had the pink FB in stock and would I like three of those instead. Or I could wait until Friday when they get more colors. Uh no, I don't think so. I emailed them back asking them to cancel my order and (4 hours later) I have not yet heard back from them (grrr). SO I placed the same order (3 FB medium pockets plus 3 extra inserts) with the Fuzzi Bunz store. They are running a sale too, and it was actually about $3 cheaper. Bonus! Let's hope I don't receive a similar email from them...

Update: I had to email the SoftClothBunz people again to ask them to cancel my order and they were pretty quick responding to email #2. The Fuzzi Bunz store shipped my order already so it should be on its way!

Finally, I bought a Happy Heinys rose print pocket diaper from another mom on Diaper Swappers. It's brand new, but doesn't come with an insert. So that's a total of... 7 diapers comin gin my fluffy mail! Diaper Swappers is a great online community where you can learn everything there is to know about CDing, buy supplies to make CD, and buy/sell/trade with other mamas. Everyone has been very nice to me since I've joined.

I will be back to review my diapers after we try them out!

1 comment:

E... said...

wanna know my issue with cd? the smell..I tried them for like one day and hated it that I could smell urine. I am super odor sensitive and just realized I couldn't deal with that smell all the time. I feel bad though b/c I have a number of unused cds in E's closet.